|Civilian name||Debbie Dixon|
January 23, 2003|
|A E? | B D+ | BD A | H E? | IM C$ | Q E+ | TC D | W F | WS D | Z E?|
A relatively unknown cape in Devilfish, but people recognize her as ‘one of those nun mercs’.
Wears a nun's outfit, has blue hair, stands around 5'5.
Equipment and Resources
- Utility belt
- Desert Eagle .50 AE
Skills and Specializations
- Decent with a shotty
- Handy with cars
- Minor home renovation skills
- Knows how to blend in with a crowd
- Can analyze a situation and do threat assessment
- Recently picked up pistol skills
- Wilderness survival
Debbie is very straightforward and believes in getting the job done with very little in the way of goofing off. She is bitter and resentful towards capes, believing that they’ve ‘taken everything’ from her. Despite this, she keeps a professional air when dealing with them.
Furthermore, she is fairly isolated from others. She likes to keep mostly to herself and her summoned minion for company, and doesn’t actively seek out other companionship. People are tiresome, and she wants to save her energy for what she deems to be important.
Important things include working on cars, working on guns, doing jobs, and reading.
Debbie manifests a single minion in the shape of a young woman with short red hair who wears a nun’s habit and wimple. Despite appearing mostly human, the minion has eyes that are completely green, and the clothing she wears appears to be part of her biology, as evidenced when she gets injured and the cloth heals as well. The minion is strong enough to throw cars, punch through concrete walls, and tear open steel with her bare hands. She is also extremely resilient, capable of regenerating most wounds within a few seconds unless she is killed outright by removal of the heart or brain.
In addition, the minion is summoned with two random powers from the following list:
- Aerokinetic flight: Whips up a strong tornado to carry minion and anything she’s carrying away. Moves at 60 mph, not very maneuverable. Can also throw blades of wind that will create small cuts but nothing fatal.
- Hampter: Creates a stationary force field bubble around the user with a 5-foot radius. The bubble has a dramatic slowing effect on anything moving from outside to inside, causing bullets to lose their killing velocity and making it significantly easier to dodge other projectiles. The slowed momentum applies even once inside, making it harder for people to fight against the user.
- Fire Walk: Creates fire wherever the minion steps. Fire does not spread, but burns extremely hot. In addition, the minion is capable of teleporting to any space that has already been set on fire.
- Legend: Shoots lasers that have an uncanny ability to turn in the air to strike their target. Lasers are fairly hot, leaving first degree burns on skin.
- Enhanced Senses: Enhanced sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch. Think Dove, but always on.
- Blur: Becomes blurry to look at, making it harder to detect her precise location and what exactly she’s doing.
- Mender: Can grant any person she touches her rapid healing until she releases them.
- Portal Power: Can create glowing circles in the air that link to each other. Velocity and orientation are preserved as you go through portals. In layman’s terms, speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out. If a portal is placed on a flat, non-living surface, it will create a hole through which you can step through until the portal is dismissed. These portals can only be created in the immediate vicinity.
- Firework: Creates a dazzling display of light and sound to blind, disorient, and confuse opponents. It’s basically a really pretty flashbang.
- Caltrop Minefield: Summons a field of glowing caltrops to slow opponents down. When stepped on, the caltrops explode like firecrackers, doing about as much damage as an M-80. That includes if you had an M-80 shoved under your skin and set off.
The minion must stay within 30 feet of Debbie or dissipate. The minion can be resummoned after a short time once killed. She is fully autonomous and able to stay summoned even if Debbie is knocked unconscious, but she has a strong instinct to stay near Debbie and keep her safe.
Debbie grew up in Louisiana with what might be called a rough upbringing. Neglectful, spiteful parents who only ever paid attention to their kids to keep them from having a good life. If any of them tried to “rise above their station” they were quick to drag them back down.
Needless to say, the kids tended to run away. They would go hide out at a friend’s house or camp out for days or weeks at a time before the cops came looking because they hadn’t been in school or someone had reported children acting suspiciously.
It was during one such excursion that Debbie ran into Cleric’s nuns. She was squatting in an abandoned shack near the swamp when the nuns showed up to set up base. They tried to run her off, but she stuck around and watched them. Since she wasn’t causing problems, Cleric left her alone.
When the group went to do a job and the van wouldn’t start, Debbie jumped in to help. Her dad had demanded she hold the flashlight enough that she’d picked things up through osmosis, and she’d done research on her own to learn the basics of maintaining a vehicle.
After that, they couldn’t just turn her away. Cleric gave her a formal invitation into the group, and Debbie jumped at the chance to get as far away from her family as she could.
An orange beam, far brighter than the fairly weak lasers that Cleric granted, shot out from behind the pallets. Hazel never stood a chance. A chunk of her head was caught and disintegrated.
Debbie screamed and lunged to catch the falling body, heedless of the danger to herself.
“Move, Debbie!” Priest jumped forward to push the nun down, and another blast ripped through his chest.
For a moment, the world seemed to slow down. Cleric’s scream carried through the warehouse. In an instant, Vigilance was tearing through shelving, Angelica had vanished from sight and Debbie –
She stared up at a figure standing over her. Hazel blinked, looking down at her hands in confusion. Then, she shrugged and joined Vigilance in destroying everything between herself and the cape who had killed their dear leader.
The man died screaming.