A 1.2 meter tall velociraptor-like figure, covered in pale fur and feathers. Four ears sit atop their head, reminiscent of rabbit ears. Generally seen wearing metallic armor covering her torso and a white and blue cloak overtop
Has a very predatorial and pack-like mentality, only trusting those she considers to be a part of her pack and wary around everyone else.
Extremely protective of those she does care about, going to great lengths to protect them.
Equipment and Resources
- A pair of gloves that allow her to touch things without them freezing over.
- A cloak of thermal cloth.
Skills and Specializations
- Traveling terrain quickly
- Medical care without proper supplies.
Trigger type: (Case 53)
Cryogenics tinker that uses their own blood as cryofluid.
- Their internal body temperature is about minus forty degrees celsius, leaving behind little patches of frost on things they touch.
- Due to the extra sensitive ears they have above average ability to hear things and the directions they came from.
- Eyesight is limited, having a far narrower field of vision than most creatures with front facing eyes.
- Bones are hollow, making her much lighter but also making them far easier to break. Because of these lightweight bones and her digitigrade legs she can move at higher speeds than a human would, if severely limited in stamina by literally being cold blooded. (max speed is about 20 mph, nerfed for balance as raptors of similar size went 40 mph without hollow bones)
A white and pale blue spear with a black top. It's constantly covered in a thin sheet of fog.
Generates blades made of ice via a nanoprinter. Has three modes, one with a segmented blade similar to her dagger, Needle, that is designed to shatter inside of a target. The second generates a blade closer to a normal blade that is made to be more durable and doesn't need to be constantly replaced. The third is a simple rod of ice, turning the spear into more of a staff. Other side has a similar nanoprinter made for generating crystalline nets sized two meters high and wide, which can be fired up to ten meters.
Needs to be refueled with Permafrost's blood. The entire spear is constantly at a temperature of below zero when coolant/fuel is present. Can be used as a staff even when empty. Blueprints were further developed with Hyperion's help.
Like the Firepit armor that it uses as a base, only colored white and pale blue like all her gear, as well as made digitigrade to fit her. Extra arms have been replaced with a set of claws/grasping implements that are normally flattened against the torso.
- Heavy duty shock absorbers.
- Increased strength to be slightly above what a regular human could lift. (Because she can't lift for shit normally)
- Integration for the ice claws on the primary arms and heat vision in the helmet.
Snapfreeze module: The extra limbs have been replaced with claws specifically made to be able to shape implements out of ice at an extremely rapid rate, and the extra space used to hold coolant to fuel the whole thing. Speeds vary depending on complexity and size of the object. A small delicate key would cost equal time to a larger, solid block for instance.
Katabatic wind module: Rapidly cools the area around the armor, causing mist to form, the effects becoming stronger and increasing in range as the module runs. Over the span of a minute, a zone of up to 20 meters away from the armor will be covered in thick, cold mist that lowers visibility down to just a few meters, getting lighter and eventually fading beyond that radius.
This module can also be sent into overdrive and concentrated, creating ice at a rapid rate, only on a far larger scale and with far less precision than the Snapfreeze module to create spikes, walls and the like on the fly.
The Katabatic wind module has its own coolant tank separate from the main suit and Snapfreeze module, allowing for up to 30 cubic meters of ice to be created before running out.
This was originally made to be armor to survive everything. Time to make it into true heavy duty gear.
Like Thermal goggles, but not-quite right.
- Can detect heat signatures up to two miles away before resolution starts to fail.
- Comes with zoom to see up to those two miles.
It's literally a pair of thermal vision goggles built into her helmet and augmented somewhat.Intended for usage with the fog grenades down below and for general awareness.
A bunch of silvery canisters
- Can be set to either explode on impact, or after a duration of up to five seconds after being primed.
- When going off, explodes into a very pale orange colored fog in a rough radius of about 15 meters from the impact point. This is for most purposes, thick fog, lowering vision to just a few meters. (It is also partially blood based like 90% of Permafrost's gear.)
- The expansion is at a rate of 4 meters per second immediately after, dropping as it gets further away to about half a meter per second. It takes 8 seconds to fill up the full area.
- Three are carried along normally
If you run, she chases you down. If you stay, you can't see her.
Frozen phoenix feathers (source)
A pair of strips on each arm going from elbow to wrist, lined with something looking like feathers of ice.
- Generates ice based 'feathers' at a rate of about one every 30 seconds, lining up to five of them from elbow to wrist.
- Can be taken out at the front and thrown, acting as a very cold throwing knife of sorts. These are about 6 inches long.
- The feathers can also serve as a very impromptu blade along the arms for blocking, acting more as an extra obstacle before actually hitting Perma.
- They're better used for deflecting defensively, pushing away an attack rather than taking it straight on.
- Can sometimes be used for cutting and piercing while on the arm in a desperate situation, but this is extremely awkward as she'd basically be aggressively rubbing her arms against the target.
Ranged option for birb lizard.
A sleek pale blue and silver set of armor with digitigrade legs to fit Permafrost. Comes with a stylish white and pale blue cloak.
First of all it's a full body covering metal environmental suit with a removable helmet. The addition of a couple of servos allow for wearing the armor without being slowed down at all, maintaining Permafrost's normal 20 mph top speed and raising her jumping height to a respectable 3 meters and keeping her from being harmed from falls up to 10 meters. Both the feet and hand-claws of the suit have small nanoprinters to create a set of climbing claws for scaling buildings which can also be used as a weapon in a pinch. Helmet contains communication equipment as well as a small display for coolant of all gear.
The spar against Neptune showed her that her natural capabilities aren't good enough sometimes, so she started building herself something to become a better predator.
A 3d printer looking device encased in glass with two liquid tanks on the side.
Generates lenses up to 50 cm in diameter out of clear ice. Specifications can be put in on a panel on the side or sent via a usb port on the side of the device.
Lenses are a pain to make and a pain to get right. Meant to help make tinkering easier.
Comes fully gift wrapped with a note saying 'Happy birthday, Cassie!'
Perma had to deliver it via hand cart due to her own lack of arm strength.