My attempt at drawing her.
|Civilian name||April Harker|
|PRT Classification||Master (Thinker)|
December 3, 1996|
|Blu C | Duelist A$ | Packrat D+ | Phalanx A | Vigor C-|
A Master with a number of small robberies under her belt, reportedly ringing a bell, and compelling bystanders to either stand-aside, assist her, or in several instances actually cower in fear and cry. Reports from afflicted individuals report a variety of different feelings overtaking them.
April is a confident and buxom woman with the kind of curves that would allow her to easily land a modeling job, with the thickness in all the right places to build a significant fan-base on certain websites and communities.
Standing at the impressive height of six foot one, though she quite enjoys wearing shoes with some extra height, if only because it often hurts men with fragile masculinity. She has black hair died red, and hazel eyes.
In her civilian life she enjoys fashionable dresses and flamboyant outfits, known to cosplay a bit as well on occaision. As a professional Dominatrix in her day job, the details surrounding her work uniform shall remain scarce.
Equipment and Resources
Wealth Level: 7 Drives a [Lamborghini Hurricane EVO Spyder]
Has co-ownership of [at the Moon']
a popular night club in downtown Devilfish, the basement of which contains her Dominatrix studio. The other co-owner is a rather camp gentleman named Lucas Dark, who numbers among Pavlov's best friends.
Has a large number of extremely well-conditioned and Consistent clients.
She lives in a [house] in a good neighborhood, with a heated pool, an indoor jaccuzi, and a personal studio in the basement.
- Leather/Kevlar costume.
- Painted-steel Dog Mask
- Pair of Bullwhips (on Belt)
- Pair of Stiletto Knives (In Belt Holsters)
- Pair of Push Daggers (In Belt Holsters)
- Combat Bowie knife (in Left Boot)
- Walther P38 (in Right boot)
- Multi-tool (Belt pouch)
- Jabby Taser (Belt Pouch)
- Pepperspray (Belt Pouch
- Studded punching gloves
- Studded kicking boots
- Long Trenchcoat with Kevlar and Plates sewn in. (not always worn)
- Black Leather Bag (for goodies, see below:)
- Firework Poppers
- Plastic bugs and spiders
- Lighter & Hairspray
- Bells (with some cloth to wrap around the hammer)
Skills and Specializations
- Acting & Improvisation: Excels at improvising dialogue and speaking with confidence, even under pressure.
- Lying: Good at hiding her own tells, and telling lies with confidence.
- Psychology: Specifically revolving around obsessive behaviors and phobias, which she has studied extensively in pursuit of understanding her own power better.
- Bullwhip Use: Proficient in using a whip as a weapon, despite it being an unconventional weapon.
- Knife Use: Reasonable at Krav Maga, picked it up post-trigger, and is continuing to work on improving.
- Pistol Use: Basic firearm safety and some practice occasionally.
- First Aid: Passed a CPR and First Aid class, retakes the class every so often for upkeep.
- Massage: Well Acquainted with Shiatsu, Reflexology, and Deep Tissue Massage among others.
- Handbells: Learned for the goof.
- Dominatrix Skills: no comment.
April is a rather forward and talkative person, extroverted and not afraid to drag people along on the little adventures she tries to make every day into. Decadent. She loves finer things in life.
Decadent food, pleasant company, beautiful and expensive art, pretty men and women, a fully stocked cocktail bar, and a day lounging by her heated pool. These are the kinds of things she lives for.
Twisting other people to her whims is another delight of hers, something she enjoyed even before her powers made it a trivial affair. Cavorting around as a super villain, stealing and fighting, and making people feel weak and afraid bring her a special kind of joy.
She isn't totally immoral though, she isn't mean to people unnecessarily in her daily life, and has a softer side that cries in sad films, adores fluffy animals, and can understand and desire true romance.
April is always looking for more, as a consequence of her deal with the Goetic covens. She has traded away her ability to feel content in life. She will feel momentary contentment, but it lasts briefly and her insatiable desire for improvement and more, always wanting more.
Trigger Type: Single Coven Trigger
Pavlov can bestow powerful mental compulsions, obsessions, and aversions to any living creature within LOS or within 30ft of her. 2 compulsions per person, and can change them at will (assuming she has LOS or proximity).
Additionally she gains an awareness of the emotional state of anyone within that LOS or within her aura, and a rough positional awareness of those within the aura.
Able to discern the strongest emotions a person is experiencing, and any current compulsions, obsessions, and aversions a person might have, whether they be natural, induced by the targets own power, or induced by another third-parties power.
She herself can suppress any compulsion, obsession, aversion, or similar effect bestowed upon her by others.
Pavlov's power covers a rather broad number of compulsions, in light of that, I will provide a few examples instead of 12 paragraphs on criteria, of what does and doesn't qualify as an obsession or a compulsion. Though she can get much more specific and niche than the examples listed.
- Bestowing Entomophobia (Fear of insects)
- Bestowing Aphenphosmophobe (Fear of being touched)
- Bestowing Pteromerhanophobia (Fear of flying)
- Bestowing Hybristophilia (Attraction to Criminals)
- Bestowing Chremastisitophilia (Attraction to Being Robbed)
- Bestowing Kleptophilia (Attraction to stealing)
- Bestowing Kleptomania (Compulsion to steal)
- Bestowing Pyromania (Compulsion to light fires)
- Bestowing Mythomania (Compulsion to Lie)
- Bestowing Kakorrhaphiophilia (Fondness of failure or defeat.)
Bestowed compulsions are annoying and extremely frustrating but are not insurmountable in the slightest. A person can force themself past a compulsion, though this causes them some unavoidable mental distress.
As her name implies, Pavlovian conditioning is something that can happen with enough consecutive fights against her, though this is just natural Pavlovian conditioning, and not a power related variant of Pavlovian conditioning. Making fighting past a compulsion a bit harder and the mental distress a bit worse (assuming she is giving the same compulsions at least once during each fight)
Exposure to her direct power use determines the length of the compulsions given. The length ramps up every full rotation of the turn order, to a cap of 180 hours (7.5 days) after 10 turns.
Subsequent exposures to Pavlov while still under the effect of her last exposure, starts the ramping process over again, adding to your remaining total from your last exposure. (meaning subsequent exposures can result in compulsion lengths greater than the 180 hour cap)
|Full-Turn Order Rotations||Hours Afflicted by Compulsions|
|Baseline Initial Exposure||5 hours|
|1 Full Turn Order Rotation||10 hours|
|2 Full Turn Order Rotations||15 hours|
|4 Full Turn Order Rotations||30 hours (1.25 days)|
|6 Full Turn Order Rotations||60 hours (2.5 days)|
|8 Full Turn Order Rotations||90 hours (3.75 days)|
|10 Full Turn Order Rotations||180 hours (7.5 days)|
Sick and tired of feeling small, of feeling worthless, April was done being a nobody. Sick and goddamn tired of working for zero recognition. She was approached by an angel, at least it looked and sounded like an angel.
The Angel improved her life in small ways in exchange for her performing the requests it had, non-nonsensical things, but apparently just small actions in a grand plan. eventually after two years of this, the Angel had seen enough. Her drive for more was sufficient.
The Angel gave her a bargain, April could ask for a blessing, the ability to perform her own miracles, the kind of miracles the Angel had shown itself capable of through the years. And all it took was a promise. A Promise to always seek improvement. She swore and made the bargain.
April saw heaven and two large angels in a brief vision, and had been given the power to carve out her own life, at the cost of always being driven to improve (in this case, Goetia had taken her ability to feel lasting contentment.)