|Civilian name||Dr. Galen Antiquity Asclepius|
|Affiliation||Hounds of Annwn (Devilfish)|
|PRT Classification||Striker, Trump|
January 27, 1971|
|Height||6 ft 6 in (198 cm)|
|Blu C | Duelist A$ | Magnum C | Packrat D+ | Phalanx A | Vigor C-|
Galen is a notably outgoing and community-minded person, he's a parahuman buisness man first and foremost, but has stepped in to stop crimes that happen in the little corner of Colville he operates in.
Those living in the Devilfish area have almost certainly seen a commercial for one of his trio of businesses. Most notably is that he offers parahuman healing for a decent price.
He has made it clear that he's a parahuman businessman, not a superhero. But that he'll make an exception if you threaten his buisness, his employees, or any of his neighboring businesses.
Standing at 6 foot 6 inches, with a carnival strongman physique, Galen is extremely fit as a side effect of constant use of his powers.
He dresses in a costume resembling a carnival barker, top hat, mustache, sideburns, a cape/shawl and bow-tie, the whole shtick.
Galen is about as public as a cape can be, and doesn't really change much other than a more casual demeanor and dress style when he's 'off the clock'.
Wealth Level: 6
Galen is an entrepreneur, a parahuman rogue (healer), and a small buisness owner.
He drives a 1991 Ford Aerostar 4WD, he also owns a high quality bicycle. He lives in a middle class suburb near Colville (maybe 10 minutes from his businesses, if traffic is decent.)
He owns three small businesses, each is staffed by employees he's hand hired, and are located next door to each other:
- Strong Man Sweets: A retro-style candy store, sells a variety of candy, chocolates, and assorted sweets.
- Colville Barber & Surgeon: A old fashioned Barber shop, with a back room where he performs Parahuman healing, gives naturopathic consultations, and sells associated products.
- Hometown General Store: A general store and Pharmacy, sells assorted goods, snacks, souvenirs, and trinkets.
I'll expand on the details of the businesses in a later lore post (Employees, floorplans, inventory, open hours.)
They are profitable enough that he can pay his employees a decent wage, that he himself can live middle class lifestyle, and to funnel part of the profits back into the businesses for legal fees, repairs, maintenance, and a tiny bit of advertising (local channels/newspaper).
- Carries some Zipties in his coat.
- Keeps a Ballistic Vest & First Aid kit in his car.
- Carries a pair of brass knuckles in his coat.
- Personal Phone, Business Phone, & Burner Phone.
- Pocket Knife & Multi-tool, real dad energy.
- Rosary & a pocket edition of the Bible.
- Business Cards.
Skills and Specializations
- Doctorate in Naturopathy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business.
- Associate's Degree in Ministry (is a deacon at his church).
- Plays the Harmonica, and the Acoustic Guitar.
- Has taken Self-defense classes pre-trigger.
- Currently takes Boxing lessons post-trigger.
- Has taken first-aid classes, and retakes them occasionally to keep the knowledge fresh in his mind.
- Enjoys cooking, and is not too bad at it, nothing special though.
- Herb gardening (like super niche stuff, not just oregano).
- Knowledgeable about a number of pseudo-scientific theories, cryptids, and conspiracies.
- Knowledgeable about a number of Pseudo-medical practices: Aromatherapy, Hydrotherapy, Herbalism, Ozone Therapy, Hypnotherapy, Reflexology, Acupuncture, & a variety of what amounts to 'snake oil.'
Having triggered in his very early forties, Galen has been around the block a bit. He is happy with the little life he's carved out for himself. Galen is a believer in a number of conspiracies and pseudoscience theories, though he is not as foolish or ignorant of the real world as some would assume.
Galen flourishes most when he feels like he's helping support the community, local causes, local buisnesses, local industry, these are some of the things he holds dear. Additionally he holds a fondness for the Protectorate, as they had saved his life in his trigger, though he doesn't wish to be under their thumb directly.
Galen often feels he should have been born in a simpler time, but the age of Parahumans isn't the worst, even if its the most complicated time period to be born, in his own opinion. He's glad he's got powers that let him help without being directly in the front lines, not wishing to die like his old Friend Ross.
Trigger type: Single Natural Trigger (Type 2 Trump)
- Touch-based Othala-style Trump, can bestow 6 effects at a time, one per person, including himself.
- Galen has three category of effects he can bestow: Negative (-), Positive (+), and Balanced (=).
- Galen can have 2 Positive (+) effects active at a time.
- Galen can have 2 Negative (-) effects active at a time.
- Galen can have 2 Balanced (=) effects active at a time.
- Effects regardless of type, last 24 hours, or until Galen rescinds the power manually before then.
|(=) Balanced Humors||Blood||Phlegm||Yellow Bile||Black Bile|
|Blood||(+) Improved Regeneration||---||---||---|
|Phlegm||(-) Muscle Spasms||(+) Improved Reaction Time||---||---|
|Yellow Bile||(-) Asthma||(-) Migraine||(+) Improved Senses||---|
|Black Bile||(-) Arthritis||(-)Vertigo||(-) Nausea||(+) Improved Strength|
Mental Clarity: Allows a person to think clearly without mental fatigue, dampens 'distracting' Mental effects including things like ADHD, OCD, PTSD, Withdrawal symptoms, as well as shard-based effects like Kiss/Kill, Tinker Fugue, etcetera.
Various minor physical boosts:
- Boosted Immune system
- Healing at twice the normal rate
- Require half as much sleep.
- Muscle Mass gained from half the effort.
- Slightly slows the physical effects of aging.
- Stops Bleeding in a few minutes.
- Heals Stab wounds, Gunshot wounds, and Broken Bones in about a day.
- Regrow a severed limb in about a week.
- Hearing on par with a Bat
- Smell on par with a Bloodhound
- Night Vision like an Owl
- Sight on par with an Eagle
- Increased endurance
- Lifting Strength of 1 ton
- Striking Strength of a super-heavyweight Boxer
Improved Reaction Time:
- 1 second real-time is perceived as 5 seconds of Bullet time. Does not include any enhanced agility or reflexes to go with the Reaction Time.
Galen had been a Deacon at Gravel Hill Baptist Church for several years, the death of his friend Ross had been surprising, the man was a fellow Deacon, an older gentleman with an unassuming lifestyle.
Galen had watched the Superbowl at his house earlier this year, Galen always went over to Ross and his wife Sharon's house for their Christmas and New year parties. When Sharon had broken the news to Galen, it had devastated him.
Sharon had explained that Ross was a cape, an Independent Hero named Doctor Daylight, Galen had seen him on the news, he was pretty close with the Protectorate capes, not that Duluth had many of them.
Ross had been killed in a cape fight, she didn't go into the details, and Galen wouldn't have asked even if he was curious about his deceased friends second-life as a cape. Galen of course was asked to speak at the funeral. It was to be a small private affair.
Galen was surprised to find the funeral included the Local Protectorate, a rogue, and another Independent hero, along with the usual mix of family and close friends. Ross had been buried in his Sunday finest, his mask tucked into the pocket of his suit. Eventually it was Galen's turn to speak about his deceased friend and his impact on the lives of those gathered.
His speech was cut off however, as an explosion rocked the front of the church, several pew shattered by the force. Galen himself was struck in the shoulder by a piece of wood shrapnel. The assembled forces of the Heroes struck back at the very same villain who had killed Galen's good friend.
Galen was so terrified, would he be joining his friend in the afterlife so soon?
The sight of Ross's heroic colleagues was a sight to behold, Firework and Lightshow where chipping away at the villains armor with bolts of energy and flame, Shieldmaker had sprouted a iridescent wall of light to protect the scared and wounded.
Galen's vision was beginning to fail him, he was staying conscious by focusing on the glow of the force field, trying to ignore the agony in his left side and the warm damp of blood soaking into his finest suit. The sight of the villain breaking the arm of the local hero Dawnguard was the final tipping point.
He woke up in the hospital several days later. As it was explained to him, the assembled capes had collectively faltered, but Lightshow had managed to come to her senses before the villain, and had put the wretch out of his misery.