A threadbare Costume, for a man with Threadbare Sanity
|Civilian name||Spencer Reeves|
|PRT Classification||Master, Brute|
None besides a few skeptical posts including 'The Flenser' in passing mention like he’s some kind of boogeyman. A handful of people have actually seen him and his power at work, but he has yet to make any sort of even vaguely public introduction.
Overall, he’s fairly well muscled, but generally unkempt. He's by no means attractive, but isn't quite ugly. He's Caucasian and a little taller than your average man. Nasty, jagged scars line his arms and wrists where he's practiced the usage of his power (and his trade). His costume is minimalistic much like his remaining sanity.
The barest definition of a pragmatist, The Flenser retains just enough of his social skills to land him somewhere in the periphery of uncanny valley. Though he occasionally shows shows the ability to maintain a modicum of self awareness and lucidity, it is on an inconsistent basis at best. It would likely become clear in very little time to anyone sane that he’s not all there anymore. Furthermore, the presence of blood does little for his mental state, often exciting him in such a way that he’s only pushed deeper into his frenzied insanity. Expect comments about the quality of your skin.
Equipment and Resources
His phlebotomy equipment, held in a carrying case for convenience.
Skills and Specializations
A skilled phlebotomist that possesses an impressive amount of medical knowledge. He's intelligent (academically) and was even on track to further his education and pursue a doctorate.
Trigger type: Coven Trigger
The Flenser is a hemokinetic possessing 10 times the volume and regenerative ability of an average person’s blood who can control and sense the precise location of blood within a 50ft radius of himself, with the ability to move it at a speed of 25ft/s. Both skills are Manton limited, with some exceptions:
- He can 'smell' blood within his range, giving him a rough idea of what direction it is in relation to him.
- He has full control/awareness of his own blood, both inside and outside his body within his range.
- Dead bodies are unprotected by the manton limit and can be manipulated by the blood inside (unless otherwise stated).
- Due to the nature of his power, The Flenser is immune to all blood-borne illness and disease, and may accept a transfusion of any blood type, though he himself is a universal donor (O-).
- If he has at least a half a pint (half a standard bloodbag) of the blood of another entity on his person (either through direct contact, or on his clothes/in vials/etc.) he can sense/manipulate the blood inside of them. This doesn’t allow for damaging internal organs and/or tissues with their blood but does allow degrees of control over the person’s movements within his range following the table below.
|5 Feet||Full control. Exceptionally strong individuals may be able to force slow
movements through extreme exertion. Brutes, depending on strength, may periodically be able to force a quick action but through extreme exertion.
|20 Feet||Healthy individuals (such as athletes) and Brutes will find it
difficult, but not impossible to retain control of their movements, with active struggling feeling akin to trying to move a limb through water. Average individuals may be able to force slow movements through extreme exertion.
|35 Feet||Healthy individuals (such as athletes) and Brutes will be able to fight against the effects of the hemokinesis, with active struggling feeling akin to moving against a strong headwind. Average individuals will find
it difficult, but not impossible to retain control of their movements, with active struggling feeling akin to trying to move a limb through water.
|50 Feet||Healthy individuals (such as athletes) and Brutes will be able to fight against the effects of the hemokinesis almost entirely. Average
individuals will be able to fight against the effects of the hemokinesis, with active struggling feeling akin to moving against a strong headwind.
- The table is additionally used to convey the strength of his control over anyone who's drenched in blood.